Back from Vacation

Posted by Kalen on Saturday, June 4, 2011.

Ahhhhh, vacation. It was great... though I'll admit something.

Going to the beach without a baby = infinitely easier than going to the beach with a baby.

I know, I was shocked as well.

Somehow we carried our weight in supplies down to each beach visit, stayed about 2 hours, then went back to the hotel with a sweaty baby and sandy legs. Then we sat and ate and watched TV during nap time... or napped ourselves... or read books or sat out on the porch... and then maybe went somewhere that night if we were brave enough for the heat & the crowd.

Basically once you have a baby... there will be no more carefree days. Ever. In the history of the world. You will worry, moan, and groan every day of your life FOREVER AND EVER and you might as well get used to it. The level of worry is up to you, however. But make no mistake that the level will never be zero again. And if you think you have worries now - just no. You don't.

Okay you might but not really. Have a kid. You'll get it.

(Okay before I had a kid I would find that statement annoyingly condescending and want to punch the person who said it in the face. I give you full permission to find it annoyingly condescending but please don't punch me in the face because I'm pregnant and move slow.)

====================

Will she choke on that crusty bread?

Is the sand in her eyes?



Is that bird with the dangerously large beak too close?


Does she have a dirty diaper?


Is the wind coupled with the sound too much stimulation?


Does this activity fall during naptime?


I wonder how much salt and oil was used to make her grilled cheese?


=================

A thinking-about-it-but-not-yet lady might read this and think... "Oh man. Is it even worth it to have babies, then?"




I think yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. I promise it is.

No Responses to Back from Vacation

Leave a Reply