2 Under 2 Diaper Bag

Posted by Kalen on Wednesday, September 14, 2011.

I'm looking for the perfect 2 under diaper bag and I'm tired of looking. There are cons to every one of the ones I've seen... and a lot of the time it's the price. Almost $200 for a diaper bag? I just can't justify it.

So far I have bought this bag in red for overnight trips, aquarium trips, trips to the zoo, etc. Basically any time I'm going to be out for hours & hours without access to the car and with both babies.


It's a huge backpack. HUGE. And since I'm only 5'2", it looks kind of ridiculous on me. I was prepared for this though and ordered it anyway, knowing we're going to need something with lots of organizational pockets for those longer days/nights.

However, I still need something that is day to day. I have two diaper bags already. A personalized one that says "EVERLY" in huge pink letters on the front (so that one is out) and a small Kalencom bag my sister bought me at a boutique simply because of the name. While I love my Kalencom bag, it's very, very small and doesn't have any insulated pockets and the inside pockets are small and hard to reach into. It's one of the older generation styles and it just doesn't work the way I need it to. However, I'm a pretty light packer and I've appreciated the fact that I don't feel like I'm toting around a piece of luggage when I carry it.


DESIRED FEATURES
-Two outside pockets, preferably insulated. One for a sippy and one for a bottle.
-A key holder on an easy to access outside pocket
-A light colored interior so I can see inside
-Big enough to carry enough stuff for 2 babies, but not so big that it's bulky & riduclous
-Nothing babyish that couldn't look like a regular messenger/backpack/whatever
-Something gender and color neutral so Billy can carry it, too
-Ability to carry as a messenger back (and/or backpack)
-Padded shoulder straps for comfort
-Zip or strong magnetic closures because Everly (and playgroup babies) like going through diaper bags and taking everything out

Anybody have any recommendations?

1 Response to 2 Under 2 Diaper Bag

  1. bluejeanamy

    1) Please take a photo of your pregnant self wearing said backpack? kthx

    2) I've heard good things about Eddie Bauer dipe bags. They even carry a cheaper line at Target like this one:

    http://www.target.com/p/Eddie-Bauer-Davenport-Duffle-Diaper-Bag-Silver/-/A-11107443

    Think it answers a good amount of your needs? And peeps seem to likey!

    I don't understand why you don't just buy a beautiful covered-in-cats Marc Jacobs dipe bag. ;)

Leave a Reply