Myths About Circumcision

Posted by Kalen on Monday, September 12, 2011. Filed under:

Found this article on the Myths About Circumcision You Likely Believe to be pretty fascinating. Some of the myths include:

1) It doesn't hurt the baby
2) The baby won't remember it
3) It doesn't cause the baby any long-term harm

Read more about it here, especially if you're pregnant with a baby boy.

4 Responses to Myths About Circumcision

  1. Desiree

    Are you planning on circumcising? If Paul and I have a boy we're definitely not doing it. Too invasive for something unnecessary.

  2. bluejeanamy

    Not to reveal too much about my brother's uh status on your blog? But yeah he was not, and later in life started to consider it. He ended up uncovering a ton of fascinating info (lots of it sexual ha -- as in lots more feeling!) and decided to stay intact :) Anywho -- his whole experience opened my eyes and I'll def leave any boys I have unclipped :)

  3. Catie

    I'm very against circumcision. Seems like something painful and unnecessary except in extreme cases (as in a problem present at birth, not the "threat" of something later in life.) with no real benefits.

    I'm glad you're taking the time to research this before baby boy is born! :D

  4. Claudia

    This was a bit of a hot topic at our house though I was unbending when it came to no snipping. Our son is not circumsized, but as Catie said, if there was a problem at birth then I'd probably be more lenient...but even at that I don't know if I'd even be so much for cutting the whole thing off.

Leave a Reply