Two Months

Posted by Kalen on Saturday, February 19, 2011. Filed under: ,




Dear Everly (Hedgehog, Ever, Evi-Mae, Sugar Biscuit, etc...)



Right now your daddy is bouncing you on the blue ball. It's still our go-to method when nothing else will stop your crying. The last week or so your crying has died down a little, but you still have nights here & there where you really let us have it & tell us how pissed off at the world you are. I don't blame you, the world pisses me off a lot, too. Your anger is also directed at the gas in your belly... and hey... I can relate there, too! A matter of fact, I'm lookin' at your gripe water right now, weighing the benefits of chugging the remainder of the bottle.





We took you out today to show you off. We're so proud of you. We love when people tell us how cute you are, stare at you, and stop themselves from reaching out to squeeze your toes. We are so happy that you are a part of our family now... I can't really tell you what you've done to us... at times you've made us crazy & caused us to cry or slam doors... you've made my irritable bowel syndrome much, much more irritable... and your daddy is probably growing gray hair out of his armpits at this point...





But oh good lord... Everly... you have fulfilled us in ways that no words in the English language will ever do justice. There are no poems or love songs that can accurately explain it. You are this tiny person that has created such a hugeeee upheaval and we have just tried to hang on for the ride. You have made us happier than we ever knew possible... it's like living inside the best dream we've ever had... totally awake but clouded in bliss. The way your little neck smells... your big eyes when you're being playful... how you attempt to laugh by opening your mouth really wide and cooing... oh, my. You are the best daughter. The best soul.









Right now you like when I cup my hands completely over yours and shake your arms and talk to you. You smile when I lean toward you and go, "MMMMwwwaaaaa!" and kiss your feet or your mouth. You still sleep between us, but sometimes I put you in your crib instead. When I do, I look over at you all the time... and I miss you. I try to come up with excuses to go and get you and bring you into bed with me. You like being worn in your Moby, but you're not in love with it yet. You like your pacifier sometimes, other times you spit it out in a fit of rage. You still love your daddy's baby blanket better than any thing else. You also love when we take you with us in the shower and swing you slowly back and forth, letting the warm water trickle over your bloated belly. You smile a lot while we're changing your diaper, and grunt a lot when you're using the bathroom. You looooove when your daddy talks to you. His voice makes you smile almost every time. The soft "duck feather" hair on the back of your neck is starting to come out, and will soon be replaced. The thought of that makes me cringe... makes my eyes water... because you're growing up. You're growing big. You won't be this tiny baby forever... this little hedgehog we cradle easily in our arms... throw over our shoulder to gently burp... pass back and forth in the shower. You are going to be a big girl one day.





But not today.





Today you are my little girl. My little 2 month old. My precious slice of Heaven on Earth. I was looking at you today and thinking to myself, "How can anyone be a mother and not believe in God?" I was looking at your soft eyelashes and your pink gums when you grin... and I can see where God has carved out the curve of your cheeks and the length of your fingers. You were no accident. Your creation was purposeful.





I can see God's plan when I look at you... everything makes sense. Everything is all right.





You fixed everything.





Love,

Mama


No Responses to Two Months

Leave a Reply